Dear friends of winter sports!
Significant changes have developed over the last months – COVID-19 has influenced our way of life worldwide. The safety and personal health of every person are, more than ever at the forefront of our minds, including that of our lift companies. We are establishing, based on the regulations of the Austrian Federal Government, a series of measures to protect all guests and employees.
In compliance with the current valid regulations and additional safety measures, we firmly believe that you can relax and enjoy your winter days in our cross-border network, with 121 lifts, and 408 kilometres of piste with incorporated safety distance measures. In addition, there are 23 lifts operating from the valley stations ensuring a smooth ascent into the ski region and Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See and Kitzsteinhorn Kaprun.
For everyone’s safety
- Please respect our COVID-19 Code of Conduct, which is continuously updated to reflect the current situation and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
What we can do for you
Lift Company - General information and organisation
- Signposts and information points in the ski area: These outline our Code of Conduct for the lifts and throughout the ski area.
- Mouth-nose-protector (MNP): The wearing of an MNP is obligatory in the appropriately marked areas (see section mouth-nose-protector). ATTENTION: In some instances, FFP2 masks are obligatory!
- Organised queuing areas: We will organise the queuing areas independently of the current legal requirements in such a way that clusters of people are avoided as much as possible.
- Hand hygiene: We have installed sufficient hand disinfection facilities in the indoor areas of the lift stations.
- Number of people: In accordance with legal requirements, the maximum number of people permitted in enclosed and covered lifts (gondolas, cabins, chairlifts with covers) is limited to 50%. For families and people from the same household, the 50% capacity may be exceeded.
- Disinfection measures: We will disinfect lifts regularly. Disinfection measures are also carried out regularly in elevator lifts, escalators, sanitary facilities, ski depots and first aid rooms.
Lift Company employees
- COVID-19 testing: Employees are tested for COVID-19 before they start work for the first time. For those who are in contact with customers, follow-up tests are carried out on specific occasions, with the possibility of ongoing testing.
- MNP and temperature measurement: Employees in contact with guests are instructed to wear an MNP. Before the start of their work, all employees are given a daily body temperature measurement.
What you can do to protect yourselves and others
Please always make sure you have a mouth-nose-protector with you and use it if the prescribed minimum distance to other people cannot be maintained.
Wear a mouth-nose-protector (MNP)
Please always carry and use a mouth-nose-protector.
(1) Mask & tube scarves
The wearing of mask & tube scarves is obligatory from the age of 6 in the corresponding marked areas (details see below).
(2) FFP2 masks
The wearing of FFP2 masks is obligatory from the age of 14 in enclosed or coverable means of transport (gondolas, cabins, chairlifts with covers – excluding t-bar lifts) and the corresponding access areas (see below for details).
In these areas the wearing of an MNP is obligatory:
- at the ski pass selling desk of the lift stations
- in the access area at all lift stations (please pay attention to the markings)
- in the lift stations, entrance/exit area and throughout the journey in the lift
- when using the WC facilities
Please keep sufficient distance to strangers.
Take care of ventilation
If possible, please ventilate the lift during your journey.
Take care of hand hygiene
Please observe the general rules of hygiene and wash your hands regularly. Disinfectant dispensers are available in the indoor area of the lift stations.
Disposal of used protective masks
Please do not leave your used protective masks or handkerchiefs in the lifts but dispose of them properly. In the lift station areas, there are waste bins available.
Follow recommendations and instructions
Please follow the recommendations for conduct and the instructions of our employees and especially observe the applicable hygiene regulations.
When possible, make non-cash payments or use the online ski ticket shop.
Don't ski when you're not feeling well
If you have symptoms that could indicate a possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, ...), please stay in your accommodation and contact the reception of your accommodation or a doctor immediately.
Demonstrate personal responsibility
Please demonstrate personal responsibility and protect your health as well as the health of your fellow human beings.
From you we request
Please respect our COVID-19 Code of Conduct and enjoy your winter holiday in the Ski ALPIN CARD ski region. We will continually evaluate the situation and adapt our Code of Conduct to fall in line with any changes regarding legal or regulatory requirements.
This page will be updated on an ongoing basis!
(Version: January 25th 2021)